by Jerry Todd, staff writer
With the broad and deep attack on our values and Constitution by the Administration and its handlers, we must restore our armor against the snares of the evil that swirls through our halls of government. Oaths to uphold and protect the Constitution are laughed at and Judeo-Christian values vilified. More than politics, it’s spiritual warfare!
Here are a few simple observations that a few of us might grasp and try to understand:
1. The Declaration of Independence sets the spiritual, moral and philosophical base of the Constitution. It also warns of “pretended legislation” and the “sending out of agents to eat out the peoples’ substance.”
2. Political Correctness is Academia’s contribution to arrogance and ignorance. Free speech and free exchange of ideas are lost. There is nothing in PC that exudes love, only a failed attempt at sensitivity and compassion to control critical thinking and true charity.
3. The Principles of Subsidiarity and Solidarity must be applied together in all legislation to prevent selective privilege and demeaning dependency.
4. No House or Senate Bill should cover more than one subject area. Any bill over 50-100 pages is likely “pretended legislation.” The current dustup over 3,000 page Obamacare with Catholic institutions is a classic example of the implantation of “poison pills” and bureaucratic license by drafters and imposers with ill-intent.
5. The Federal Government has no competence in Health, Education and Welfare, primarily community, church and state responsibilities. By definition, central government control of individual lives and communities violates subsidiarity, imposes selective privilege and creates dependency.
6. By ignoring Subsidiarity, local rule is passed to the central government, which encourages formation of radical, despotic and corrupt entities that covet power and control.
7. Debt-based money as in our Federal Reserve System is actually “Tribute” paid by every productive and creative work of every person and business entity. (Merriam-Webster Dictionary: (b (1): an excessive tax, rental, or tariff imposed by a government, sovereign, lord, or landlord (2): an exorbitant charge levied by a person or group having the power of coercion) The nation’s full faith and credit can back “tribute-free currency” easier than “debt-based currency.” High Finance is ideally a medium of exchange and productive investment – the servant, not the master. When used as a tool for societal control or gaining wealth and power through currency manipulation and monetary speculations, it is “the root of all evil.”
8. The challenge of Islam will be met with a special kind of love. After all, Mohammed held the Blessed Virgin Mary as the most important woman in Islam and that her son Jesus was virgin-born. Ultimately this widely ignored truth will have beautiful unifying consequences for all people of faith and good will. God is not mocked.
9. We have received from God the self-evident truth of inalienable rights to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. We are also empowered to meet today’s challenges. We must pray and act!
Use this site to contact your Congressional Representative:
To read more use these links:
Have you answered this week’s CiR.com poll?
In this world you may have knowledge or you may have repose, but you may not have both. What have you done today to deserve to live in America?