By John Velisek USN (Ret), staff writer
1.) Eleanor Holmes Norton Doesnât Think We Have the Right to Know When Our President Is Selling Us Down the River
Totalitarian Eleanor Holmes Norton, the non-voting House Delegate from D.C. believes the American people and their representatives in Congress havenât the right to know all that is going on in government. âYou donât have a right to know everything in a separation-of-powers government,â claimed Norton. âThat is the difference between a parliamentary government and a separation-of-powers government.â Norton’s statements were made in reference to subpoenas created by Congressman Darrell Issaâs House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. According to Norton, as the subpoenas were nothing but âfishing expeditions,â the White House should not have to answer them. We âdonât have a right to knowâ everything that the administration does, she said, during the committee meeting chaired by Issa.
My opinion: Would someone give this lady a copy of the Constitution? We live in a Constitutional Republic, and for the low information voter, that means we elect our government officials and their powers are specified in the Constitution. How are we to make a valid decision at the polls if we donât know what our elected officials are doing? Obamacare was passed in the dark of night, with San Fran Nan Pelosi saying âyou have to pass it to know whatâs in it.â Sorry, but that isnât the way it is supposed to go. But what can we expect from lawmakers interested in reelection rather than doing the work of the people?
2.) On Wednesday, California Democrat Barbara Lee proposed the House of Representatives resolve that women will eventually be forced into prostitution in order to obtain life-sustaining food and water for their families.
âWomen will disproportionately face harmful impacts from climate change,â Leeâs resolution reads. It continues with âFood insecure women with limited socioeconomic resources may be vulnerable to situations such as sex work, transactional sex and early marriage that put them at risk for HIV, STIs, unplanned pregnancy, and poor reproductive health.â
My opinion: Climate change again? Wonât these people ever give up? And now we are told to beware as climate change will result in the forced practice of prostitution! Where did that come from? And isnât it about time that those seeking equal rights should end their demands that government protect them at every turn, from every imagined hardship?
Become a regular Coach is Right reader. Subscribe today
3.) White House Floats Bankruptcy Process for Some Student Debt
Federal law prohibits student loans from private lenders and from the U.S. government being wiped out in bankruptcy except in rare
circumstances. On Tuesday, President Barack Obama directed administration officials to study whether to expand bankruptcy options for âall student loan borrowers.â An administration official said the bankruptcy review would likely focus on whether to expand bankruptcy options for borrowers with student loans made by private lendersâsuch as SLM Corp.âs Sallie Mae and Wells Fargo & Co.âthat arenât backed by the government. Private loans make up about 10% of all student loans, with the remaining 90% made by the federal government.
My opinion: Oh good, letâs let the little snowflakes build up debt as they party at a liberal indoctrination center and then forget all about it. Already student loan debt owed the government is over one trillion dollars. Letâs put more debt on the back of future generations by forgiving private lender student loans. This will help private banks become insolvent and have to charge every loan more to recover their losses. Is this smart, or what?
4.) Stop clapping! Youâre triggering feminist anxiety!
UK based outfit, the National Union of Students is hosting a conference for women, but Donât Clap! Feminists prefer the use of Jazz Hands as it seems clapping loudly causes anxiety. Yes, anxiety is a real issue. Yes, many people suffer from anxiety. But if conference applause is a âtrigger,â there will no doubt be plenty of great therapists available to treat the “ailment.”
My opinion: If this is what feminists are worrying about, how will they be able to deal with the real life concerns inherent in equal rights? Will we need to fluff the pillows for them, or can they be expected to do that for themselves?
John Velisek USN (Ret.)
Twitter at sjspecialist