By Kevin “Coach” Collins
This week Harry Reid intends to call for a vote on the Democrat’s thinly disguised amnesty bill they call The Dream Act. (TDA)
With a straight face the Janette Napolitano tells us passing it fits into a strategy of immigration enforcement which will help her Department of Homeland Security achieve its goal of controlling dangerous criminal aliens.
This air hot aside, the true rationale for passing TDA is purely political. It’s a suck up to Latinos so they’ll vote Democrat.
The truth about The Dream Act
Senator Jeff Sessions of Alabama has authored a list of reasons why the Dream Act should never become law.
His list is as follows.
1) It is not limited to children: as written it would allow illegal aliens up to age 41 to access its benefits.
2) It protects every and any illegal alien. Such criminals would have to only submit an application to be shielded from deportation. It would be a real “get out of jail” card because it would stop any deportation hearings.
3) It would provide amnesty for some criminal illegal aliens. This would include gang members those convicted of DUI those who have previously absconded from facing a deportation hearing and a number of other crimes.
4) While some estimates of the number of aliens who will apply for benefits could be around 2.1 million, no one knows how many will actually step forward, flood our system and remain here until an overwhelmed system can finally adjudicate their case. There is no expressed limit to the number of applicants. It would be “Come one, come all” and everyone is safe from deportation while his/her story is checked out.
5) TDA will give illegal aliens in-state tuition rates at public colleges costing millions of taxpayer dollars and depriving Americans of classroom seats designated for them, not interlopers.
6) TDA contains virtually no actual education requirements. Applicants can enroll in “vocational Training schools” which will certainly lead to a widespread proliferation of these “schools” run by crooks and charlatans. We already have an overabundance of these fraudulent operations.
7) TDA does not require an illegal alien to serve in the military in order to obtain citizenship. We already offer citizenship for doing so. This is why this whole program is a fraud from top to bottom.
8) With few exceptions, those accepted into this program will be able to serve as anchors in chain immigrations and bring relatives into our county with impunity.
9) TDA will make illegal aliens eligible for federal student loan and student support benefits forcing us to pay to maintain its beneficiaries in a cushy lifestyle. While they collect these benefits, they will doubtlessly receive preferential treatment at our expense.
10) Those few applicants who are denied will revert to being illegal aliens, but any information contained in a failed application will be barred from use in a subsequent deportation hearing.
We can not allow this sneaky end run around our liberties. This is nothing but a Democrat scam to recruit more Democrat voters.
To read more about the Dream Act use these links;
This day in history December 6
1973: Following the resignation of Vice President Spiro T. Agnew, House Speaker Gerald Ford became the U.S.’s first appointed Vice President. Later, he became the nation’s first non-elected President upon the resignation of Richard Nixon.
Remember we have work to do. Join your local TEA party and Republican County Committees to make sure real conservatives get our nominations.
Comments on this or any other coachisright.com essay can be sent by following the posting instructions below.